- Collaborate with project managers and project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Clearly identify project stakeholders and establish user classes, as well as their characteristics.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements– verbally or through written documentation –so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail, and highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Possibility of travel to client location for meetings 2-3 times per year.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their qualifications and experience to email@example.com.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Measurement Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.