About Measurement Incorporated
School Improvement Services - Albany, NY
Measurement Incorporated is one of the nation’s leading providers of full suite educational services: program evaluation and school improvement services, as well as educational and professional assessment services and technologies. Our solutions support the needs of local and state educational agencies, government agencies, and certification organizations. By consistently providing our clients with services of the highest caliber at affordable rates, we have acquired both a reputation of excellence in the fields of evaluation, school improvement and educational assessment, coupled with a depth of experience unrivaled within the industry.
The position will provide professional learning and technical assistance to districts and schools within the North Country region of New York State as part of the New York State Education Department’s Regional Partnership Center Network. The North Country region includes the following BOCES regions: 1. Saint Lawrence-Lewis, 2. Franklin-Essex-Hamilton, 3. Clinton-Essex-Warren-Washington (CVES BOCES). (Map: https://www.boces.org/contact-a-boces/ ). Professional learning topics focus on Specially Designed Instruction, consistent with best practices, federal and NY State law, regulation, and guidance. This position reports to the Systems Change Facilitator.
- Plan and deliver professional development, technical assistance, coaching, and consultation via regional and site-based opportunities. Topics include Specially Designed Instruction, Consultant Teacher Services, and Fundamentals of Explicit Instruction, and other topics as determined by NYSED and regional needs assessment.
- Work collaboratively with other training specialists in a team approach, as well as with other NYSED-funded partners, to meet the needs of the North Country region as captured in the regional work plan. Travel throughout the region is required. Travel will span approximately a 1–3-hour travel radius. Service delivery will be provided through both on-site and online (remote) delivery methods
- Master’s degree or higher in special education, education, psychology/counseling, literacy, or related field of study – required
- Experience delivering professional development and/or technical assistance – required
- Teaching licensure in special education or related field.
- At least two years’ experience working with students with disabilities in a school setting.
- Experience with the NYSED Special Education process, such as having been a CSE Chairperson, Subcommittee Chairperson, or Special Ed. Director/Supervisor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Experience using web-based educational tools and technologies (e.g., Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
The salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.