- Independently write high quality, NGSS aligned asset items.
- Train, provide feedback, and monitor the work of test item writers.
- Work as a team member with multi grade-level science content specialists to ensure that all test specifications are met and the final products are on schedule and of the highest professional levels of quality and accuracy.
- Create and maintain positive client interaction.
- Prepare and present test items and/or test forms to client content and bias review committees.
- Prepare materials for and present professional development activities to clients related to test and item development.
- Attend all MI and client-based meetings as directed by your supervisor.
- Master’s degree in biological sciences or ecology.
- Teaching experience in a middle school and/or a high school science setting preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel 10 to 15 days each year to meet with clients and review committees
- Experience using the Next Generation Science Standards at the high school level
This is a 6-12 month independent contract position (no benefits) with a negotiated start time. The successful applicant will train for 6-8 weeks at Measurement Incorporated’s headquarters in Durham, North Carolina and can move to a hybrid (home/in-office) position after training. Salary is based on experience and qualifications. Company information can be found at www.measinc.com.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Measurement Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Human Resources
423 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701