Measurement Incorporated’s (MI) Marketing Department is looking for a talented proposal manager to join our team. You will be responsible for assisting in the crafting, coordinating, organizing, researching and editing of proposals in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
You are self-motivated, have great ideas, and have experience developing proposals. You enjoy working with a team and can provide meaningful contributions to the department. You are skilled at extracting actionable information from various sources and welcome the opportunity to work with people in departments across the company.
This position is focused on writing and organizing, so strong skills with the MS Office Suite are a must. Your attention to detail is impeccable and you know that time management is a key component for this job.
The Proposal Manager will review RFPs for custom test development, assessment, and technology solutions in order to determine the viability and cost-effectiveness of the requested services. This position is responsible for gathering and analyzing market/competitive intelligence for targeted states and competitors, as well as participating in the development of win strategies. The Proposal Manager will work with internal staff, external partners, subcontractors, and consultants, to help prepare successful bids. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Review RFPs and prepare appropriate summaries of background information and RFP highlights.
- Participate in establishing priorities, determine processes, and conduct market intelligence and analysis on selected target states and competitors.
- Participate in brainstorming and proposal strategy meetings with appropriate staff members in order to write clear, concise, and responsive proposals.
- Serve as the principal liaison with proposal writers in selected departments.
- Participate in pre-Request for Proposal planning meetings for assigned, targeted prospects.
- Create proposal process plans, schedules, and structures for assigned RFP responses.
- Develop/edit/submit RFP questions and review answers and RFP amendments for their implications.
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers, contributors, and subcontractors.
- Adapt and create new, well-written, and well-edited proposal content; manage content review.
- Help ensure accurate, compliant, and complete proposal production, quality control, and submittal.
- Participate in proposal debriefs (internal and external), including securing competitor proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or similar field
- Strong skills with the MS Office Suite
- Superb writing, editing, and communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational ability