The Quality Assurance Software Tester provides professional quality assurance services effectively and efficiently, conducting software testing and verification for all Item Bank related sites and software.
- Support the product development lifecycle through design, analysis, testing
- Perform function, load and performance testing
- Develop, write, review and verify software test plans, test cases and strategies.
- Document, research, and communicate defects discovered during testing, and verify defect fixes
- Interact with developers to resolve defects, clarify functionality, and resolve usability issues
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Contribute to continual QA process improvement efforts.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Skills and Areas of Expertise
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with others.
- Detail oriented.
- Possess excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to "think outside the box".
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies, products, and scripting languages.
- Software testing background
- Experience with manual, automated, regression and load testing
- Experience creating and implementing test plans
- Working knowledge of SQL is preferred
- Experience with test automation tools is a plus
- Familiarity with the following:
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Browsers: IE, FireFox, Chrome, Safari
This is a full-time position in Durham, NC with company benefits including holidays, vacation, sick leave, health insurance, profit sharing, 401(k), and ESOP. Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their qualifications and experience to email@example.com.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Measurement Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.