Role and Responsibilities
Measurement Incorporated is seeking item writers to develop assessment items for elementary, middle, and high school science exams. Item writers will be primarily responsible for developing assessment items aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards, but will also develop items for other projects as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
Prospective item writers must possess the following attributes to qualify:
- Train for 6-8 weeks at Measurement Incorporated’s headquarters in Durham, North Carolina; can move to a hybrid (home/in-office) position after training.
- Be able to work at least 8 hours per week during Measurement Incorporated business hours (8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday).
- Be able to work for at least two hours during each writing session.
- Have a B.S. (or greater) in a science field or be an undergraduate (junior standing or greater) with science tutoring/teaching experience or other relevant experience.
- Be able to attend a three-day training session (four hours each day).
- Periodic group meetings may be required (meeting hours will be flexible).
$25.00 per hour
Monday – Friday; eight to thirty hours per week (hours based on item writer availability)
Qualified candidates should send a resume and unofficial transcripts to email@example.com or mail to:
ATTN: Human Resources
423 Morris Street
Durham, North Carolina 27701
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Measurement Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.